Dorkopolis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Exploring: Finding stuff near you...that you didn't know was there

snowbunnyz
    snowbunnyz

Exploring: Finding stuff near you...that you didn't know was there Empty Exploring: Finding stuff near you...that you didn't know was there

Post by snowbunnyz Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:30 am

The other day I had to go to a Japanese Traditional House for a Project. I did not know we even had one till my mom was all, "Yeah the internet told me!" I love her and her googling sometimes. <3 It was relevant to my interests. (I always loved studying Asian cultures and NO it was before I got into anime, I'm not some weird okatu .-. lol)

We went down to the city (with an ANNOYING as hell GPS voice thanks Dad. GPS FAIL) and I really saw some things I never 'saw' before down in Philly. One of these days I gotta go back there are some cool things there...

The Japanese House was absolutely beautiful. I always associate my city with overcrowded-ness and busy highways that give me a bit of anxiety to think about driving on. You can see some photos HERE!

What are some places you found around you that were totally awesome?
    Teraphume
    Teraphume

Exploring: Finding stuff near you...that you didn't know was there Empty Re: Exploring: Finding stuff near you...that you didn't know was there

Post by Teraphume Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Well it sucks... cause my town is really small so I know everything around here and in the county and surrounding areas. :/

Klokhead
    Klokhead
    Admin

Exploring: Finding stuff near you...that you didn't know was there Empty Re: Exploring: Finding stuff near you...that you didn't know was there

Post by Klokhead Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:06 am

I'm kind of in Kody's situation, but I will go around and explore my friends' back yards and stuff like that. Sometimes me and Pickles (my brother) will just randomly adventure, hop in the car and go drive and get lost. It's fun ^_^
    Seffbasilisk
    Seffbasilisk

Post by Seffbasilisk Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:11 pm

I love exploring and adventuring.

Even have a hat, so dubbed my 'adventuring hat'.

Apparently the Underground Railroad came through my town, but I didn't know of an old house to it, still standing, that was mostly hidden behind a candy store, until they tore up the lot next to it to put in apartments.
    snowbunnyz
    snowbunnyz

Post by snowbunnyz Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:16 pm

x3 Yeah it's fun to take a ride and go somewhere. Where I live there are a lot of historic sites lots of stuff happened here in history, so there are some neat spots. Brandywine Battle Field for instance lulz I totally ate lunch there with my day campers where people probably shot at each other many many years ago. XDD
    Klokhead
    Klokhead
    Admin

Post by Klokhead Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:33 pm

I live in a historic town, too. If you drive downtown, the park there is the sight of one of the Lincoln vs. Douglas debates.
    snowbunnyz
    snowbunnyz

Post by snowbunnyz Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:38 pm

X3 That's interesting. I gotta come to IL someday.
    Klokhead
    Klokhead
    Admin

Post by Klokhead Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:41 pm

It's really a nice place. Nothing too pretty nature-wise, no mountains or waterfalls or anything, but the city is nice Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 am