Dorkopolis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Klokhead
    Klokhead
    Admin

The Place Promised in Our Early Days Empty The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Post by Klokhead Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:31 pm

If you like good anime movies with good stories and amazing art, this is perfect for you. And even if you're not, I still recommend this movie; it is excellent.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days Promisedplacebox

I'll warn you now, it's a love story (even I hate chick flicks), but it is such a good story that it's totally worth a watch. Go rent it now!! Or watch it on YouTube. I dunno; you can find like anything on there nowadays, right? Shrug
    Teraphume
    Teraphume

The Place Promised in Our Early Days Empty Re: The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Post by Teraphume Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:06 pm

I'd like a good love story, to be honest. Maybe I'll check this out.

A brief synopsis of what it's about, Christy?
    Klokhead
    Klokhead
    Admin

The Place Promised in Our Early Days Empty Re: The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Post by Klokhead Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:36 pm

That's difficult without giving a lot away xD

In an alternate timeline, Japan was divided after losing World War II: Hokkaido was annexed by "Union" while Honshu and other southern islands were under US sovereignty. A gigantic yet mysterious tower was constructed at Hokkaido and could be seen clearly from Aomori (the northernmost prefecture of Honshu) across Tsugaru Strait.

Here's the official DVD description:

In school, they were best friends. And they shared two passions: the plane they built together, christened Bela Ĉielo, and a girl. Sayuri.

Oblivious to the tense international environment, the three form an indelible bond and it seems nothing can ever come between them and their dream. The boys believe that someday they will reach the distant tower – and touch Sayuri’s heart – however far it may be.

But time passes. War escalates. Alliances are changed. Friends become enemies. And Sayuri falls into a dreamlike state that seems inexplicably linked to the mysterious tower of their youth. At the brink of a World War, Sayuri seems to be a key to a new world peace… or a frightening and bitter end to the world as we know it.

One of the things that is really cool about the movie, though, is that everything is hand drawn, and it's absolutely beautiful. I'll say it now though: you have to pay very close attention to the movie; it's not something you can just put on and then do something else. And the music, oh em gee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_avx1RFPX8

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:42 pm